Wednesday 7 January 2009

Diagnosis: Dude

For those of you that I haven't been able to tell yet, we're expecting a baby in mid-May (May 17th is the official due date and also Norwegian Independence Day as Beth informs me). We had our second ultrasound today and found out that we're expecting a baby boy! I had thought it was going to be a girl so Nick has won the bet (2 Euros...we play high stakes here). We're very excited and are starting to think of names but will keep the name a surprise until he arrives. For now you can call him Angus.



We still don't know if he will be born in Scotland or England yet but we will post updates on our living situation as we find out more in the next few weeks. Either way, he'll be born in the UK!

11 comments:

Robyn said...

That's so cool! Will he have dual citizenship then? Lucky kid!

sam said...

Nope, no dual citizenship because we're on visas. But still cool that he will be born in a different country!

Eliel Von Gummysquiggle said...

I just told Bill and Julcsi yesterday that I thought you were going to have a boy. WHOA. I'm going to go think of the best father-son sports joke I can come up with to make fun of Nick. I only get one shot at this...

Joe said...

Oh man, now I have to wait in suspense to find out the name. Perhaps I'll send you some suggestions, I know you want them... right?

And don't forget to aim for May 1st, only cool people born on that day.

pat said...

Dear Joe - As nice as you seem to be you are mistaken. In May the very best day to be born is the thirteenth. Though I must caution Samantha that she needs to share the holiday of Mother's Day with Angus's birthday. And vice versa of course. I will train in Angus on that myself. Lovely picture lovely news!

Heather said...

Wow. I can actually tell that's a baby. I have trouble with those ultrasound photos most of the time.

Rose said...

I Just hope you have a healthy baby boy and you don't name him Dunstan.

Unknown said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you! I think he looks like Nick... ;)

Unknown said...

loving the title of your post

Unknown said...

Sam, your blog makes me laugh, and miss you! Congrats on the boy... something is in the water because everyone is having angus' :)

amy said...

congrats! that's so exciting. best of luck thinking of the perfect name for the little guy. hope the pregnancy is going well too.