Monday 9 February 2009

Tentsmuir Forest & Our First Rugby Game

As you can tell, I'm getting worse at posting but I'm blaming that on the cold weather which keeps us indoors on the weekends. This last weekend we were able to get out and we headed over to the north-eastern coast of Fife to walk around in Tentsmuir Forest. Luckily it's a flat walk which is good since going uphill is starting to become a struggle for me. We spent most of the walk ambling up the coast and Nick got some great photos of the landscape. I like this photo he took of me, which gives you an idea of the coastal terrain.

There were a lot of happy dogs running along the coast here and apparently it's a popular sun-bathing spot in the summer. Since we're in the middle of winter, I can't imagine it ever being warm enough to wear shorts let alone a swimsuit! I guess we'll find out this summer.

On Sunday we attended our first rugby game. It was actually my second game ever (thanks to Uncle Ken and Kath who took me back in 2002) but Nick's first and it was Wales vs. Scotland. If Nick were writing this post, he would have said Scotland vs. Wales. We were a divided couple yesterday. Unfortunately for him, Wales whomped Scotland but it was still a really fun game to watch. The game was held in Edinburgh and we went with some friends of ours who live close to the city. However, we spent more time getting to and from the game than it took to actually watch the game! It was still a great experience and I hope that we will be able to experience a game at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff in the next few years. Below is a picture of one of my favorite things about rugby: the side out. They propel one of the players up into the air, cheerleading style, in order to get the ball being thrown in from the side. This picture shows Scotland getting the ball.

More pictures of the weekend's adventures can be seen here.

I'll leave you with a picture of a wee highland coo (or "cow" in English). I haven't heard one moo yet but I'm sure they have a Scottish accent.

2 comments:

Joe said...

You guys are getting so artsy! That picture of you in the 'forest' is the kind that you see in picture frames that you buy in the store. You should submit it to a frame company for such and maybe you'll end up in every lonely guy's picture frame in the future!

Glad to see/hear that everyone is doing well. Hope to hear more from you in the future. Aren't you supposed to write more if you're stuck inside?? :)

Unknown said...

cool!

nick - fyi: after a few weeks of silence, i finally responded.