Tuesday 8 February 2011

another heir to the throne

The latest news around here is that we are expecting our second baby boy at the end of June. We had the ultrasound yesterday and he was modest at first, crossing his legs until the very end of the exam.


Because of Calvin's early arrival, I went to see a doctor about my high-risk situation (instead of just seeing my midwife, like you normally do here). It turns out that because they don't know why I went into preterm labor, there is nothing for them to monitor closely on me for the next ~20 weeks. Also, my chances of having another preterm birth are only 10%. So because of these reasons, I'm being treated as a normal pregnancy. I'm happy about this and I have the doctor's phone number (and the delivery ward's phone number) should I have any questions. I now know what contractions feel like (vs Braxton-Hicks, for all those who know the pregnancy lingo) so I'm comfortable with being on alert for my own body.

Now I just have to learn how I'm going to live in a house full of dudes.

5 comments:

Rose said...

Being the Queen Bee has its advantages. How's this for a working name: Prince.

Rachel said...

Congrats Sam, Nick, and Calvin! Sam, you and Sarah will have to swap survival stories. Best wishes from Portland!

Dan Bergeson said...

Dude! You'll do just fine. We're really happy for all of you. It's gonna be great!

Kevin, Bridget, Ben, Haley and Lauren said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you.

Kari said...

Congratulations to all three of you! Sam, how have you been feeling? We'll be thinking of you during these next 20 weeks!
I think your household full of boys will be a blast! (Ryan's mom has two sons, and she survived and is pretty great!).
Thanks for sharing the good news!