Tuesday 14 October 2008

Exercising Our Right

I've told many people now, but we received our absentee ballots on Monday. This was a big event in the Moeckel household. Here is what absentee voting looks like:



Before we could vote, we both spent an hour or so reading up on the many Colorado amendments and referenda. Usually, we would have heard about a few of these through watching TV. It feels pretty different being over here during election season and not seeing a single political ad. I kind of like it. Although there is humor in the absurd voice overs and dramatic music.

The one bad thing about absentee ballots? You don't get an "I voted" sticker. What a bummer.

7 comments:

Robyn said...

You've probably got a lot clearer view of the issues than we do with all the propoganda filling our brains!! It's impossible to get away from it. :P

Unknown said...

Maybe you should have some of that Whisky before filling out this ballot. It'll be a lot more fun that way!

sam said...

Shoot, I wish I would have thought of the whisky!

nick said...

I thought of the whisky.

pat said...

Of course you did............:-)

Unknown said...

I agree. You are very lucky that you are missing all the political ads. It's crazy! 47?! 54?! 49?! All the ads just mention the number and don't really say what the amendment is all about.

And watch out for "BOULDER LIBERAL" Mark Udall and his smoke-filled hippee van... That's an ad I actually like because it's pretty much hilarious.

amy said...

I'm sorry you didn't get an "I Voted" sticker! Greg and I got absentee ballots and ours actually did come with stickers! I was surprised. :-) If I hadn't already thrown them away I would send them to you!