Tuesday 28 October 2008

It's Cold

I don't have much to report from the last week since we took it easy last weekend. However I would like to point out how cold it is here. The high today was 40 deg F. I wouldn't think that sounds too cold but it feels so much colder. I'm used to a Colorado 40 degree day which feels a LOT warmer than here. I was warned about this and I thought my Minnesota skin would reemerge after 5 easy Colorado winters. This is not the case.

The other day, I tried to save on our gas bill by turning off the heat for a little while over the lunch hour since the sun was coming in the window. However, by the time I finished eating lunch, I had lost feeling in my right hand thumb and ring finger. Maybe I'll keep the heat on.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I think Ball is trying to save money by not heating RA-8. Yesterday I had my coat on AND I microwaved my little hot pack to put on my feet once per hour. Not cool.

Joe said...

When I lived in Pennsylvania, I would keep a window open through most of the winter. It'd get cold, but never too bad. However, now and then I would find myself wearing gloves to try and do my homework, then I knew it was too cold.

Scotland is closer to the Middle East, so I am sure the oil is cheaper. Right?