Thursday 27 November 2008

A Scottish Thanksgiving



Oh, what a surprise! You caught us eating Thanksgiving dinner in this natural pose! Since our kitchen isn't supplied with the adequate pans/utensils for cooking a turkey, Nick cooked a Scottish chicken for our Thanksgiving dinner. He also made cranberry sauce and mashed potatoes with leeks and parsnips (very British). For dessert, a pumpkin pie. Best of all, I didn't lift a finger for any of this cooking! I offered to help but Nick kindly gave the excuse that there wasn't enough room in the kitchen for the two of us. I think he was really saving me from doing something I'm not fond of. What a great guy I have!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. We're off to Madrid for a 4 day trip this weekend so I hope to have some "exciting" stories for you when we get back.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like a great meal!! Have fun in Madrid... tilt at some windmills for me!

violetismycolor said...

Not to be weird or anything, but I came across your blog when I google-blogged "Kilchurn Castle". We were there a couple of weeks ago. We have a son at St. Andrews for a term. I was wondering what the post-doc is in...???

Diane Calhoun
blog at http://valentinois.typepad.com

sam said...

Diane - Nick's post-doc is in astronomy. I looked at your blog and it looks like you've visited a lot of the same places we've been to. I hope your son is enjoying St. Andrews. I wonder if he is feeling the cold as much as I am!