Tuesday 19 January 2010

nick turns 30 & other news

Nick turned the big 3-0 last Monday (the 11th) and to celebrate, Calvin grew his third tooth.  It's an upper side one so he looks a bit lop-sided.  I've tried to capture a picture of it but no luck so far.  And I'm not sticking my fingers in his mouth for too long now since his three teeth can do quite a number on me.  In fact, we had a comedic situation the other day where Cal bit down on my fingers, I yanked them out in shock and hit Nick in the eye.  It may be before my time but it sounds like the 3 Stooges to me.  Calvin would be Moe.

In other news, Calvin had a check-up with the neonatologist's again and the doctor was extremely pleased with his progress.  We don't have to go back for another 4 months!  In case you were wondering, he still gets extra check-ups until he is 2 years old.  He is currently just shy of 20 lbs and still very tall for his age.  Any bets on when he will outgrow his mother?  I'm guessing by 5 years old.


Chilling with Dad on his birthday and fashionably supporting the Gophers


 Cal isn't crawling yet but he can really get his bum in the air.  
("Downward dog" for the yogies out there)
 



Eating cheesy toast and tomatoes all by himself.

3 comments:

Kari said...

He's really a cutie! Love the downward dog move! Happy Birthday Nick!

Unknown said...

Seriously sweet baby yoga move. Did you watch Millions yet?

pat said...

Nick looks sort of grumpy. Do you think its his age? Or perhaps this was after the eye incident.....