Thursday 7 April 2011

My awesome dad

Last week, my hero, my dad, flew out here on 4 days notice to help me take care of Calvin. I have been having a stressful pregnancy for the past 4+ weeks and to help make sure Bertie stays in the womb longer than Cal, my dad came out here to give me a rest and wear out the little guy every day. Cal has turned into a sprinter (perhaps a future 800m runner?) so it's great that my dad is able to chase after him while I waddle along at 28 weeks pregnant. I was having strong and frequent Braxton-Hicks contractions at 23 and 25 weeks pregnant but thankfully, they have subsided due to my respite. My "vacation" lasts until my dad leaves on the 18th of April but by then, I will be 30 weeks along. I'm still trying to be positive that Bertie will be a June baby but at least he is out of the 24-28 week preemie zone.

Here is a picture of Cal actually sitting still. Not many of those these days.

4 comments:

Hanna said...

Oh, Sam! I'm sorry to hear you've been having a scary time. But congrats on passing week 28. I remember being really relieved at that stage, and even more relieved at 30. Good luck! I'm sending baby-holding-in thoughts your way.

Unknown said...

YEAH Ga Da! Sounds like the plan is working for help and support. Get as much rest as you can. Those little guys have endless energy and you will soon find that out with little one number 2 AKA Bertie! Miss all of you and sending all the love and support. Say hi to the hero Dad. What a tribute to him Sam. Love you.
Love Nan-na

Rachel said...

Thinking of you, Sam! Enjoy your "vacation", your spritely two-year-old, and your Dad. Best, best wishes on the remainder of your pregnancy!

Unknown said...

Lots of love, support + hugs beaming your way... xoxo