Friday 19 September 2008

The National Pastime

I was walking around Dundee the other day and found this beautiful park that stretches for about half a mile. There is this old bandstand which was a central point for parades back in the olden days (we even saw pictures of it at the jute museum).

I was strolling along and thinking how I'm sure a lot of people come and play soccer here (there was a pick-up game going on while I was there) and probably run around with their dogs. Then I came upon this sign:

I'm not a golfer so it struck me as funny that they needed to post a sign to deter all those people who can't resist an open park to practice their swing. Then again, this is Scotland and golf is the national pastime. If I ever get into golf, maybe then I will understand.

1 comment:

Nico said...

I think you should start walking around the park just holding a golf club. No balls or swinging, just holding it. Maybe only funny in my head.