Thursday 4 September 2008

Our Dundee Flat

A lot of people have asked to see pictures of the flat so here it is! In case anyone was wondering, the flat came furnished so we only had to bring what we could fit in four suitcases (each within the airline's weight and size restrictions).

The living/dining room:

I know this picture isn't the greatest due to the bright window but I had to include it as proof that the sun DOES shine here. In fact, I've read that Dundee is the sunniest city in Scotland. That's great for us! There is also a couch just to the left in this picture and a gas fireplace to the right.

The kitchen:
You can even see my reflection on the oven from the sunny kitchen window.

The loo (aka bathroom):

The bathroom window faces the busy street but luckily it's frosted glass so we don't have to keep the curtains closed all of the time.

The bedroom:

The bedroom window also faces the busy street so usually I keep the curtains closed. It's also fun for us trying to get to sleep on Friday and Saturday nights because there is a pub directly across the street and everybody has to stand outside to smoke. We've even heard some wonderful singing coming from the patrons of the bar. It hasn't been too bad but we'll see if I'm still saying that once the university students return to town.

So that is the flat! But my absolute favorite part of this place is the view from the living room window. It's nearly impossible to see in these pictures but we can just see the Firth of Tay and Tay Bridge. When the leaves fall, we'll have a clearer view. Also there is an adorable garden in the back that we share with the other residents but we only go back there to take out the garbage. One of the residents is a talented gardener so we get to enjoy her work!

Another side note: the Scottish beer bottle is holding heather that Rose (Nick's mom) picked in the highlands. That's right, we're nothing but class in this household.

6 comments:

KF said...

I'm a big fan of the loo!

Nico said...

2 questions-
1) Is it sunnier there than Seattle?

2) Why are you in bed and not at the pub singing along?

Nico

Rose said...

I like the dining table and window behind it. At the moment, I am drinking a cup of Scottish tea, eating some shortbread and remembering how nice it was to be there with you.

sam said...

In answer to Nico's questions:
1. Probably
2. We don't know how to sing in Scottish yet

Heather said...

Aw, a bridge out the window and my namesake in a beer bottle... I know you're thinking of me. :)

Katie said...

SO CUTE!