Wednesday 17 September 2008

While Nick works, Sam plays...

You may be wondering what I am doing while Nick works hard all week. The answer is...not much. I have actually been enjoying my free time by knitting, cross-stitching, and occasionally attempting to make desserts that haven't turned out so well. I had originally thought I would be doing a lot of cooking, since I used to leave that to Nick all of the time, but I haven't been able to get over that old habit yet. Luckily, Nick still enjoys to cook.

When we first got here, I looked around at retail shops and bookstores to inquire about a job. However, I soon realized that I would have to work weekends. Since that is our only time to go explore the country, we decided I didn't need to get a job (Yea!). Instead, I've signed up for two classes that meet once a week at the University of Dundee. The first is Art History in the Middle Ages and the second is Spanish. I know it seems kind of funny that I would take a Spanish class in Scotland but I wanted to take a language and when would I ever use Gaelic? Besides, now we have an excuse to take multiple trips to Spain to visit my friend Sabrina. Maybe I'll learn to speak Spanish with a Scottish accent? Quiero un wee dram.

By the way, our pictures from last weekend are now posted here.

No comments: