Tuesday 31 March 2009

4 Weeks Old and 4 lbs!

Today marks Calvin's 4th week and he celebrated by making it to 4 lbs. He's filling out and we are loving his chubby cheeks. He is also more active and when we arrived at the hospital tonight, he had squirmed his way over to the incubator door. We think he is implementing the escape plan that Grandpa Rick laid out for him.



Cal is now on the CPAP for 5 hours and off for 7 hours so progress is being made on the breathing front. He is also showing signs that he will do well with breastfeeding. Tomorrow he gets an eye exam to check for retinopathy of prematurity (ROP) and we're hoping for the best.

All in all, Cal seems to be doing better and better every day. It makes his parents very happy.


7 comments:

Joe said...

Great news! Love the 'Little Dude' outfit as well. Maybe if I'm lucky I can get something like that for my birthday...

Unknown said...

YAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY! :) :) :)

Maggie Moris said...

Go Calvin! Grow Calvin! And what lovely, fat cheeks you have. :-)

nick said...

'Maybe if I'm lucky I can get something like that for my birthday...'
Sam has begun knitting.

Joe said...

If I can get it in a onepiece with little footpads, that'd be even better, but I won't press my luck.

pat said...

Dear Calvin,
You are a very smart and brave baby. Love your parents even when they are dumb. And wear onsies as long as you want to.
Lovepat

Candide said...

Hooray!!!