Thursday 19 March 2009

Another sunny day in the NICU

We've been having some really sunny days here in Dundee which makes our visits to the NICU a little cheerier. Sometimes Calvin gets hit directly by the sun and the nurses have to put a blanket over his incubator so he doesn't overheat. After all, he isn't supposed to be experiencing the sun yet.

Calvin is still doing well today. There isn't much to report except that he is gaining more weight (3 lb 6 oz total) and they continue to cycle his CPAP on for 8 hours and off for 4 hours. I (this is Sam writing this blog by the way) got to cuddle with him twice today, which always makes me happy.

In case you wanted to visualize where we're spending all of our time, here is a picture of me in Calvin's corner. See the monitor by the incubator? Imagine trying to ignore all the flashing lights and alarms that emit from there. I think I'm getting used to it now. Rose suggested we make a recording of all the alarms since Cal seems to be able to sleep through them and maybe he'll need them later in order to fall asleep. I sincerely hope not.


No comments: